THE FINAL STRIKE
Laporta “Arsenal will understand at the end and we want to close the transfer as soon as possible”.
The player spent the day-off in Barcelona and wants to dress in blaugrana before the World Cup.
Photo: Cesc can’t wait to change the Arsenal jersey for the Barça one.
Valdés: “Villa in Barça means a problem less for me”
Spanish newspaper AS reports that English Premiere League team Manchester City would be prepared to make a bid for Barcelona right back and Brazilian international Daniel Alves (27). Roberto Mancini’s sides offer for Inter Milan’s full-back Maicon were rejected during this week, so they have now moved for his international teammate Alves.
Laporta: It feels strange to have to work so hard to get a player from our own youth academy.
*I’ve decided to translate it in a understandable way, even if the joke loses its sense. Laporta says: It feels strange to have to smash so much rock to get a player from our own “cantera” (“cantera” means “quarry” in Spanish). “Picar piedra” is a Spanish colloquial expression which means to have to work very hard to achieve something.
THEY SIGN A YOUNG CRACK
Clichy – right back
Hazard – Attacking midfielder
Özil – Attacking midfielder
Van der Wiel – right back
Barça wants to reinforce the right back position and the attack with up-and-coming players.
Touré and Manchester reach an agreement.
Florentino let Robben go but didn’t let him go to Barça.
Barça is fine with Ibra negotiating in Miami.
Spain 1 – 0 South Korea. Reina let Valdés play.
[Non Barça Related]
Liverpool fires Rafa Benítez, who seems to end up coaching Inter.
Rafa Benítez is leaving Liverpool, so “El Niño” will come onto the market.
Barça keeps an eye on him to sign him as a replacement for Ibrahimovic.
Valdés debuts at last with “La Roja”. Spain 1 – 0 South Korea. Navas scored the goal which gave Spain the victory in the minute 85.
Ingla attacks Rosell. The four precandidates are now candidates.
Both the Catalan sports papers Sport and El Mundo deportivo report that although the contract of FC Barcelona forward and Spanish youth international Gerard Deulofeu (16) will end on 30th June 2010, his agent Gines Carvajal, the same agent as Barcelona goalkeeper Victor Valdes, assured that for the player the ‘dream’ of succeeding at the Camp Nou is above any other offers he has received from the Premier League or any other club. The youngster is thus expected to sign his first professional pre-contract with the club very soon, which will ensure his continuity.
FC Barcelona midfielder and Ivory Coast international Yaya Touré’s (26) agent claims in an interview with Catalan radio station Ona FM that the midfielder has already agreed to a deal with a Premier League club, although he would not reveal where the Ivory Coast international will be playing next season.
Madrid-based news site Marca presented a summary of the comments made by FC Barcelona goalkeeper Víctor Valdés (28), who made his national team debut in the second half of the friendly against South Korea.
According to Catalunya Radio, several top European teams are preparing bids for Barcelona defender and Ukrainian international Dmytro Chygrynskiy (23). The young centre-back is reportedly ready to be transferred since his adaptation to La Liga hasn’t gone as planned. Barcelona club president Joan Laporta is claimed to have offered Chygrynskiy to Arsenal as a makeweight in the deal to sign Cesc Fabregas.
This is an interview between Sergio Busquets and El Mundo Deportivo. The original can be found here.
How many times have you been reminded recently that in only two years you went from playing in the third division to now preparing for the World Cup?
The debate has already started on the pages of Madrid-based sports daily Marca, who have presented a column where two writers present their views on FC Barcelona coach Josep Guardiola and newly-signed Real Madrid coach Jose Mourinho. At the bottom of the article is a place for readers to vote on whom they feel is the best. While the poll is still in progress, the margin between the two, based on the fans’ vote, is already quite wide, with one receving 61.4% (78,824 votes) to date, and the other receiving 38.6% (49,630 votes). So whom do the Marca readers favor? Read on.
Herbalife, a nutrition and weight management company, has signed a multi-million deal with Spanish giants FC Barcelona. The deal will see them enjoy the global rights to the team’s logo, significant on-field advertisements and access to the players for promotional activities. They have also agreed to sign Barcelona’s Argentine forward Lionel Messi, to a three-year personal services agreement that will support the sponsorship.
June 3, 2010
June 2, 2010