FC Barcelona has agreed a deal with Arsenal FC for the transfer of Alexandre Song to the Camp Nou.
FC Barcelona today announced the agreement with Arsenal for the transfer of Song. The Cameroonian international had been linked with Barça for quite some time now. Vice-president Josep Bartomeu traveled to London to close the deal. Song wasn’t available for Arsenal’s first game of the Premier League season against Sunderland. Shortly after the game ended, the announcement of the transfer was made.
The Cameroon international midfielder will sign for the next five seasons with a release clause of 80 million euros. On Monday, he’ll have a medical and then join the rest of the squad for the official team presentation at the Gamper trophy game against Sampdoria.
The schedule for his presentation is as follows:
Monday, 20th August
• 09.30 CET: Photo session in front of the Club offices
• 10.00 CET: Medical at the Hospital de Barcelona
Following that, a medical at the Ciutat Esportiva Joan Gamper
• 17.00 CET: Signing of contract at the Club offices
• Immediately after that, a photo session in front of the offices with Club president Sandro Rosell
• 21.10 CET: In the Camp Nou, presentation with the rest of the first team squad at the Joan Gamper Trophy
Tuesday, 21st August
• 12.00 CET: Presentation at a press conference in the Paris Room.
The report from Arsenal website can be found here.
Source: fcbarcelona.cat; Image: Arsenal.com