With two matches complete, Group C is down to the wire. Here are the possible outcomes of the third and final round in the group:
- Croatia win, Italy win: Croatia and Italy through.
- Spain win, Italy win: Spain and Italy through. Spain wins the group.
- Both games drawn: Spain and Croatia through.
- Spain win and Ireland win or draw: Spain and Croatia through, Spain as group winner.
- Spain/Croatia draw, Italy win. Margin of victory will be key for Italy: 3 goals and they oust Croatia. 4+ and they top the group. If Italy win by 2-0 and Croatia/Spain have a score draw, Italy is out.
- Croatia win, Ireland win or draw: Croatia and Spain through, Croatia as group winner.
Is your head spinning? Mine is. But maybe it’s the wine I just had with dinner.